Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Turkey Day!


Lots of cooking took place in our house. I can safely say that I suffered from a case of temporary insanity! We had invited our staff for a traditional Thanksgiving dinner & of course my very busy husband was working & picking up all of the guest so he was little help to me in the kitchen. I don't remember ever cooking a meal that large but thankfully, it proved to be a huge success. Our staff ate until they couldn't possibly eat anymore. The best part of the food experience was the Cherry Cream Cheese Pie & pumpkin pies that I made with my goodies from the states. I had been saving the supplies for them in my cabinet for many months but it was SOOO worth the wait! And the girls even pitched in & washed my dishes!!!! That was a HUGE bonus!
Even though we were all tired, we were so blessed to have such amazing friends in our home for this special day. The boys enjoyed the time & they had plenty of girls to show off for! God has blessed us with a talented staff of which all have a heart to please God in all that they do. We are indeed thankful for a great year in Venezuela & for those of you that support us financially & intercede in prayer on our behalf. Without all of you, our ministry here would be impossible. What a privilege to do this ministry. Pictured is Imanuel with his good friend "Turkey" or as he says it... "Toy-Key".

No comments:

Post a Comment