Wednesday, August 12, 2009

WATER WATER WATER!!!!!


The past few weeks we have been dealing with the head ache of "water problems".  Our pump messed up back when my mom visited & we had it fixed.  We were back on the right track & the end of last week it messed up again.  As I write, we have completed 5 days with NO water but thankfully, I am now officially clean!  Our plumber friend came & worked on the problem & today after 6 hours of waiting for the reserve tank to refill... I flipped the switch & was very excited that we had water.  While I was upstairs checking the sink, the kids yelled & I ran downstairs to find our washroom & back porch flooded with about 6 inches of water!  I ran to the pump & the pressure of the water had blown the whole motor loose from the tank & water was gushing EVERYWHERE!  I turned the pump off, & ran inside to call our plumber friend again!  Being the kind man he is, & feeling sorry for the crazy American woman home with 3 boys whose husband was out of town... he dropped what he was doing, drove across town, & fixed my pump again!  Now I am pleased to say that we have water in our house.  Our boys no longer stink & I finally feel clean.  I can't say that all the dishes & clothes are clean but in the words of Scarlett O'Hara..." Tomorrow is another day!"
As we have been struggling without water, it reminds me of how much we often take such simple things for granted.  As our plumber friend was working he said to me "Sin agua, no hay vida".  The translation simply says "without water, there is no life".  How true it is that we all need water for survival.  How much more true then that we all need Jesus, the living water that cleanses us & makes us refreshed.  Thanks for your prayers & support as we help carry the living waters of Jesus to a nation in need.
Pictured is Chris with a bucket that he lowered to the bottom of our reserved tank to pull out enough water for flushing a few toilets.  I took a few photos because I thought it would be a memory that merited a photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment