Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Daddy's Day!

Well, today is that special day of the year where we celebrate those special men in our lives that all have one thing in common.... being a father.  I have always stood strong to the fact that any man can be a Father, but it takes a special man to be a Daddy.  I would like to take a moment to recognize a few of those special men that have truly earned the title "Daddy".
     My Dad, James, has always been a blessing to me.  He is a strong & honest man & has always worked hard to provide for our family.  I have learned lots from him through out the years.  I understand the value of working hard for the things you have & when you get those things, the importance of taking care of them.  I learned that duct tape is indeed the 8th wonder of the world & to never be without it!  But most importantly, I have learned that regardless of where you end up in life, what decisions you have made, or whether you are in the valley or on top of the mountain, that God is faithful & if we put our hope & trust in Him, He will guide us & hold our hand.  I owe a lot to my Daddy & am thankful for his influence & support in my life & the lives of my children.

     My brother is also a pretty great Daddy.  I have known him his WHOLE life since I am 16 months older than he is.  That 16 months obviously makes me much more mature & knowledgeable about the mysteries of life! (ha ha)  I am proud of the man that he has become & the way that he loves his 2 daughters.  From him I have learned that when God has a plan for your life, you might as well accept it & hang on for the ride!  He also has taught me to appreciate duct tape as well as plastic tie straps!  You would be surprised at what those things can do!!! I look forward to watching more adventures unfold for Phillip & his family as they love & serve our God.

     I am also blessed to have Mark in my life.  Chris's step dad has filled many roles in his life.  He has always been a kind father to Chris & has been a wonderful grandfather to our children.  It is such a blessing to have him praying for us & encouraging us as we live this crazy adventure over seas.  I am always thankful for the time that he spends with our boys when we are around.  Sometimes they are spies, other times they are construction men, or even mechanics.... memories that will last a life time!  From Mark I have learned that love reaches deeper than bloodlines or genetics.  Love is something that comes from with in & is truly a gift from God.

     Finally I would like to mention my sweet husband.  Chris & I have been married for 11 years & in that time have been all over the map.  What an adventure it has been!  God has blessed us both with 3 amazing little boys.  Each one is different & yet has characteristics exactly like their Daddy. Isaiah is a "mini-Chris".  He loves adventure & trying new things.  He is friendly to all & is compassionate.  Ian has the mind of a spreadsheet just like his Daddy.  He loves numbers & puzzles & is a fan of ALL technology!  And Imanuel is funny.  He is sweet & cuddly but his humor is much like his Dad's.  From Chris I have learned that love can overcome distance or separation.  Even though there are times where we feel like we don't measure up.... God reminds us that he uses ordinary people to do extraordinary things!  However, when it comes to my sweet husband.... He is anything but ordinary!
     What a blessing to have these precious men of God in our lives!  Happy Father's Day to you all!  But for you guys I feel that it would be more fitting to say.... "Happy Daddy's Day!"

No comments:

Post a Comment