Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Bye, Bye Nana


We were blessed to have my mom visit for several weeks.  She was able to get a good feel for the culture & the life here in Venezuela.  The boys had a blast & loved being able to just rest & spend time with her.  Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end & for our visit that end was July 22.  Mama & Chris left on wednesday to travel back to Caracas so that she could fly out the morning of the 23rd.  I was nervous about how the boys were going to react when she left.  Our exit from home at Christmas was quite difficult for the boys & I was afraid of a repeat experience.  I was pleased that on the day she left, all 3 boys handled it quite well.  I will not say that they weren't sad & emotional, but God's grace & favor was definitely upon them during this transition & upon me as well since I was the one left at home to deal with the fall out.  It is so amazing how God takes care of our emotions as well as all of the physical stuff.  Thanks to those of you who were praying for our family during that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment