Friday, June 11, 2010

Señor Ratoncito....

As we have traveled throughout Latin America we have encountered a variety of bugs, geckos, iguanas, tarantulas, giant moths, & now mice!  Mr mouse, or Señor Ratoncito as we like to call him, has been leaving remains in various areas of my kitchen.  After 2 days of gross frustration, Chris went to our nearest Chinese store to purchase a mouse trap.  This mouse trap was nothing like I was use to from my days of living in the country in NC.  This trap was all metal & looks like a contraption that would indeed snap the finger off of someone if they were careless.  I can't imagine what it would do to a little mouse!  The boys watched as Chris set the trap & loaded it with a snack of peanut butter that we brought from the states.  All night the boys listened (when they weren't asleep) for a snapping sound, but they never heard anything!  The next morning I made Chris check before the kids were awake because I was afraid of what the might find.  Unfortunately for us, the trap was untouched.  Since then, I haven't seen anymore leftovers from the little mouse.  Either Señor Ratoncito decided that he wouldn't mess with our house anymore for fear of losing his head, or maybe Venezuelan mice just aren't fans of Peanut Butter!

No comments:

Post a Comment