Monday, May 31, 2010

It's a Bat... It's a Moth!

Often times we encounter interesting "critters" as we say in the south.  Insects, rodents, & scaly creatures of all kinds scurry around Venezuela & sometimes, even into our house.  A month ago Chris was in Panama & a giant creature flew in my back door.  I saw a glimpse & was afraid it was a bat.  Knowing that bats are highly dangerous because they carry diseases, I began to panic a bit.  But when it landed, I saw it a huge black moth!   After about an hour of drama in my house, the moth was outside.  Ian & Imanuel screamed hysterically & hid under the bed downstairs.  Isaiah was the hero since Dad was gone & he helped me stalk the moth & release it outside.  This kind of drama always happens when Chris is away!
     Several days ago, I was closing the bathroom window & once again, over my head flew a critter.  This time I had learned from my past experience & realized that it was another moth.  I quickly ran out of the room & shut the door.  For the entire day, the moth ruled in the bathroom & the kids went upstairs to potty.  When Chris returned home he went in to be the hero & being the man that he is, decided to take a few photos before he removed it from its temporary space.  Here is a photo of our "new friend."  Now, every time the bathroom door is closed, Imanuel always ask if their is a moth inside before he enters.... just to be on the safe side!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment