Friday, June 28, 2013

A Few Little Highlights...

It seems that I spend a lot of time convincing myself that I will do weekly blog updates.

And then... well, life happens & the expectations I place for myself fall thru.

I could accept that it is failure...

But I will choose to believe instead that it is simply part of life!

I want to give everyone a few updates about our lives the past few months.

And with any luck... My updates will truly be much more frequent. *smile*

Our first stop in this trip down update lane takes us to Coro, Venezuela.

We were thrilled to host our Regional Directors, Dick & Cynthia Nicholson, for a marriage event at one of our largest Assemblies of God churches in Venezuela.

It is always a treat to have someone from the states visit us, especially for our boys!

Our boys quickly adopted Dick & Cynthia as grandparents & I think the feeling was mutual.


While packing for our trip to Coro, I realized that the rolling bags we have are actually 8

 years old! I am feeling very good about my Target special. Each bag was on clearance for 

$7. Not too shabby for a newly appointed missionary's budget. Just think... It was less that $1

 per year. Now that's cost effective!


Venezuela has been experiencing food shortages.

We have had shortages of flour, oil, toilet paper, sugar, toothpaste, & the list goes on!

Ian was quite excited that on his Dad's trip to the grocery store he bought a selection of 

cereal that we had not had for quite some time. Ian is our cereal lover!



June 13th we welcomed a team from Burlington, NC. It was a great pleasure to welcome

 UTURN Youth Ministries. God used them to do amazing things while here. We will forever

 be grateful to them for their flexibility & the love they showed to our boys.


There was definitely NEVER a dull moment with this group!



And finally,  we want to thank the Women's Ministries at Calvary Church in Greensboro for

 sending us a little love from home! This is Imanuel showing us his very last goldfish before it

 went into tummy heaven. And I have to thank our dear friend, Alina Snuggs, who 

coordinated the endeavor & even hand delivered it to us! 


I have one more update but it is so special that it requires its own post. Thanks to everyone 

who prays for & supports our family. We are truly blessed!





No comments:

Post a Comment