Saturday, December 8, 2012

Shower, Sugar, & Such....

Wow!

What a busy 2 days it has been around here!

Today we celebrated the baby shower of two of our team members...

Yanethssy Peraza de Yu & Frank Yu

You might remember that officiating their wedding was our first order of business when we arrived in June... and now it is time to welcome a new little one into the world.

For Chris & I, it is a joy because we get to be this baby's Tío Chris & Tía Angela
(or Uncle & Aunt if your prefer)

We have been going full steam ahead to get everything in order to celebrate this special couple.

First came the wreath to decorate the party space.



Next came the food... I have been told I am the Queen of Pinterest.

To that I say... "Long live the Queen!" *smile*

The whole day my boys couldn't wait for the moment when we could "eat" the baby!

I know... my boys have issues! (ha ha)




Then we chose the pattern for the sugar cookies....

I chose a happy little ducky. As I made these lovely creatures at 1 am in the morning I noticed that the eyes were growing as they sat on the plate... Oh, well... Fat eyes are better than no eyes at all!




There was also an assortment of cucumber sandwiches, cheese & crackers, & Venezuelan pasapalos or finger foods as we would call them. They consisted of pastelitos, empanadas, & tequeños.

After all of the food, it was time to take pictures with the happy Mommy to be.

This is the Happy Couple just weeks before they welcome their little one...

"Matias Yin Yu Peraza"


And here I am, completely exhausted, but so happy that Yanethssy enjoyed her special day!


And of course, Chris couldn't miss a photo op with this special lady either!



After all was said & done, everyone (all 20 or so) piled into the van for their return trip home.

And Isaiah got what he had waited for all day.... to eat the baby's head! 

Imanuel's comment of the day was,"I just LOVE eating this baby's organs Mom!"

Oh to be the mom of 3 boys! *sigh*




 I thought I would include a few more related photos just for fun.

As I was planning the menu & buying the groceries to make the food we realized that Venezuela was having a sugar shortage.

Are you kidding me? During the international season of baking?

How can there be no sugar during the Christmas holiday?

Normally, we have a nice sugar reserve in my cabinet because shortages are common here.

But this time, I was at the end of my supply when I learned that it had happened again.

After much stress, a friend graciously gave us 1 kilo of sugar.

I used ever granule down to 1 tablespoon which I saved for my well deserved cup of coffee!

Fortunately today, the same friend came across one store... like a needle in a hay stack...

She bought us 10 kilos!

We can now make sweet tea!

The world is as it should be!




I have had a few people ask me for pictures of my Christmas tree this year.

So, I decided to take this opportunity to give everyone a peak.




Here is a close up picture. I especially LOVE the chenille stick gingerbread man shaped ornament that mysteriously made his was onto the tree!


And this would be the tree that always makes me smile. I bought it last year in the states & was determined that it WOULD make it here to Venezuela!

It proudly sits on the dressing table in our closet.

And to answer your question....

Yes, I have a pink closet.

Yes, everything in the picture is pink.

Yes, I love pink that much!

Yes, our bedroom has lots of pink too.

Yes, my husband loves me & is okay with me having my pink space to make me happy! *smile*


And this last picture is when the tree looks the coolest... with the lights out!



Today proved to be quite successful!

Stay tuned for more updates about our adventures here in Venezuela!

Next week promises to be even more adventurous!

1 comment:

  1. :) Aww this makes me soo happy!!! :) Congrats to all!!! :-D
    Yanethssy & Frank Yu, Felicidades!

    ReplyDelete