Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Pinkaliscious Birthday Spectacular....

Every year, the same thing happens.

Each December, we have LOTS of events take place.

This December was no exception.

I had great plans that my post would be closer together, but wouldn't you know it... my kids got sick!

Sometimes we have great intentions that are derailed by the road block of sickness.

However, I must tell you all about the fabulous birthday party that I had though.

Then I will make a new post to share about Christmas.

To give you a bit of a background on me....

I HATE SURPRISES!

There... I said it!

I am liberated!

Don't get me wrong...  I love surprising others.

I love doing things & hosting parties... "for others."

The strange thing is when someone tries to do it for me!

SUCH a weird feeling!

I guess being in ministry for years is to blame.

When you are always the one planning, baking, creating, preparing...

it just seems unnatural to not do any of those things!

I mean... why would someone do those things for me?

I know... I am disturbed.

I will seek therapy at a later date when I am less stressed & less crazy! *smile*

So, in light of this new found info about me, I would like to show you what I got for my 35th birthday.

Our team of ladies got together with my husband & decided to plan a Spa Party.

And no Spa Party would ever be perfect for me if it wasn't "Pinkaliscious!"

So first up, we have the accessories table with all things PINK!


Next, we have the snack table. My boys most loved the hershey kisses with almonds! 
(They are a rare treat here)


Fruit kabobs were also part of the snacks as we lounged around doing pedicures.



Pink puff balls & lanterns decorated the room. 



Even my boys got in on the manicure fun. They will do anything if it means that a pretty woman is involved! Haircuts, manicures, pedicures.... anything! *all boy*


This was my caramel latte that my sweet husband provided in my brand new PINK mug!
(he even found canned whipped cream! *another rare find here*)



The only thing they would tell me about the party was that I had to make my own cake!
As our friend Henry says, "Who else could make a cake worthy of the Queen of Baking?"
It is so true... I am that good! (ha ha... okay, that is shameful)

This cake was a chocolate layered cake with pink icing like roses. YUMMY!



Below are our guests...
(Not pictured in this photo are Chris, Frank Yu, & the Pedicurist)



After all of the pictures, there was lots of photos & hugs.

Imanuel gave me chocolate covered peanuts.



Ian gave me a frying pan with pink on the bottom to make his pancakes in.



Isaiah gave me a decorating spatula for all of the baking I do.



And then there was Chris....

He gave me lots of silly coupons & the promises of a rice mill so I can make my own Gluten Free flour. Of course, as is with the life of missions... I will get it when a team comes! *smile*

(and yes... to answer your question... I am aware of just how WHITE I am in this picture next to my very latino husband!) *craziness*



I also received lots of kisses from my guys.



Here were the finished feet!


And here were the hands. Again... bet you can't tell which one is mine! *whiteness*


 After the party it was time to take down the pink.
Imanuel said,"Hey, I am a pink afro boy!"
So, we took a picture to remember the moment with Miryect.
Of course... he had to make a silly face!



And as everyone loaded up for the ride home, my Ian wanted to light a "deseo" for his Mommie.

This time of year for Christmas & New Years, people buy these ginormous lanterns, light them, & send them into the sky as they make a wish. Ian thought it would be fitting to do one on my birthday!
He is a sweetie.

You should have seen the craziness of us lighting this lantern!

But finally, we were successful & we saw it float into the sky.....



And that concludes my Pinkaliscious 35th Birthday Spectacular!

I still do NOT like surprises!

But I am humbled & blessed to have such wonderful people in my life that feel I am worth the effort!

No comments:

Post a Comment