Monday, October 15, 2012

They Want to Go Where???...

"My little baby is all grown up!"

That's what I always tease my brother & say. We are only 16 months apart. I am the oldest. But he is definitely my "Big" brother as he towers over me in height.

I have always liked to say that I got the brains & he got the muscle! 
(what kind of sister would I be is I said anything different?)

My brother, Phillip, me & our Daddy




We love to torment one another & of course have our own little "affectionate" terms to refer to each other.

When Phillip got married 14 years ago he & his wife Amy began a trend... they had a baby girl!

And then Chris & I had a baby boy!

While I was literally in the hospital having Isaiah, Amy became pregnant with another baby girl.

2 months after she had a girl, I had another boy.

I tried to convince them that they were destined for another girl but they disagreed & called it done.

But I couldn't leave well enough alone so we had a 3rd baby boy!

So there you have it... 

He has 2 girls

Amber & Anna



And I have 3 boys
Ian, Imanuel, & Isaiah


We were approved as World Missionaries to Venezuela in 2005 & Phillip & his family headed off to Idaho in 2006 as student ministries pastors at a church there.

Our lives have been like sailing ships.

We have always been blessed & thankful for the times that our ships passed so that we could share in each others lives a little more closely.

Our children are much like siblings so the time they get to share together is quite priceless.

Phillip & his family have been back in North Carolina for a season.

They have been waiting for God to open the right doors for them to fulfill the calling he has placed on their family... to serve the indigenous people in Alaska.

You might be saying to yourself, "They want to go WHERE???"
I know, I said the same thing... but then again, I live in Venezuela so that cancels out my exclamation completely! *smile*

The past year was a joy for us as we were home itinerating & recovering from Chris's accident.

We were able to be at birthday parties & share special events.

And now, I am very proud to say that "My baby is all grown up!" 

The obnoxious little brother... that turned into the BIG brother... that became a husband & father, is now also a missionary.

He & his family have been approved as Assemblies of God US Missionaries to Alaska.

Where all US Missionaries are important & necessary, this family will be learning a new culture & way of life... a bit different than moving to the state next door.

We are beyond thrilled that after their season of waiting, God is opening this amazing door of opportunity in His perfect timing.

Chris always said that missions was in our boys' DNA.  It was part of them!

I think that is the case with this family... especially with my nieces.

Trust me... no large creature will ever get the best of Amber with her hunting skills!

(she sooooo did not get that from her Aunt Angela!)

And with Anna's imagination & energy, total darkness & lots of snow will just add to her creativity.

Who would have ever thought that a brother & sister from a small town & little church would have ever ended up working in such far away places?

Jeremiah 29:11 tells us that God knows the plans he has for us & they are good plans!




We are excited to be a part of the work that they will be doing in Alaska.

And we are beyond proud of them all for taking this step of faith!

To learn more about their ministry you can check out Phillip's blog here.

If you are interested in their day to day family stories, you can check out Amy's blog here.

To support their family as they raise funds to go & impact the indigenous peoples of Alaska...
please click here.


No comments:

Post a Comment