Thursday, January 20, 2011

Temporary Insanity....

January has turned into one big month of travel for my dear husband.  He is apparently a much needed man & due to all of the ministries that we are a part of... he is away a lot right now!  I generally don't mind a trip here or there, but back to back trips can get a little unnerving. 

The boys always miss having Daddy around as do I.  They consider times like these to be part of their "sacrifice for the cause", and I tend to agree.  Being alone in another country is far different than that being alone in your home country where you are surrounded by your family.  My dear friend In El Salvador maintained her life for 7 weeks there with 2 small kids while her husband returned home to Canada for meetings & services.  I admire her strength!  I remember the 15 months that I survived without Chris... just me & my 2 biggest boys, whom at that time we not quite so big!  God was gracious & we all made it through.  But being in another country... solo... that is a whole different world.  If something strange is going to happen or if something is going to break... it will always be when Chris is traveling!  (Oh the stories I could tell!)

His traveling also means that Mom has absolutely NO reprieve with these energetic boys!  Some days are better than others, meaning that some days we do well & that others, Mom looks like she has just survived a hurricane complete with stained clothes, frizzy untamed hair, & in need of a sedative!

But this month of travel, I am trying to look at in a positive manner... really, I am!

I am reminded that God is doing wonderful things in this country & that we are priveledged to be a part of it.

I think about how awesome it is that we have been accepted in such a positive way by the churches here.

I am thankful that we all don't have to do the traveling!  Traveling here is hard & stressful.  I am content that I don't always have to load everyone up!

I am pleased that though the first trip of the month left me looking a bit ragged with these energetic monkeys & their antics, this second trip has been much better!  Don't get me wrong, I am no June Clever cleaning in a dress & pearls... but we are doing okay!

And I am blessed to know that my moments of insanity are often temporary!  

No comments:

Post a Comment